This course is ideally addressed to expectant moms but also to postpartum moms.
You will learn about:
- Health professionals guidelines as regard physical activities during pregnancy as well as the benefits for you
- The physiological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and hormonal changes happening in your body and how these changes influence your choice of exercises
- Energy demand and nutritional requirements
- Required adaptations of your physical activities
- The safest and most recommended physical activities during pregnancy
- How and why Pilates is one of the ideal choice of exercise during and after pregnancy
You will have a much better understanding of your body during pregnancy and how exercise can benefit you in many ways when it is the right and safe one.
In this course, you will also have the opportunity to practice some exercises of the prenatal pilates class for a 30-minute trial class. You will need to bring your doctor’s release form and sign the waiver of liability to participate.