Prenatal Breastfeeding Class
Breastfeeding is natural and breast milk is the ideal nutrition for babies. Yet it is a learned behavior for the baby and her mother. Confidence is key for the mother to succeed in her lactation journey with her child. Support is also critical from her family and her partner. It is important to become well informed about breastfeeding and prepare.
Learn as much as you can about breastfeeding before the birth in our class at Body Belly Baby in Miami.
Our breastfeeding class – conducted by an expert IBCLC consultant (International Breastfeeding Certified Lactation Consultant) – prepares you to breastfeed your baby with success and confidence. Couples are encouraged to attend this class together.
Prenatal Breastfeeding Class helps you
- Educates you all about lactation
- Prepares you mentally physically, and emotionally for breastfeeding
- Achieve the most satisfying breastfeeding experience for you and your baby
- Helps you understand how beneficial it is for your child to be breastfed
- Build confidence for you to successfully breastfeed your baby
Who is Prenatal Breastfeeding Class for?
- Women and partners expecting in their second or third trimester in pregnancy
- New parents with newborns who need some support and knowledge
- Parents who want a personal and intimate learning environment different from a hospital setting
- Parents who want to educate themselves about the breastfeeding
- Our breastfeeding class is in small group settings and private consultation can easily be organized
What is covered in our Prenatal Breastfeeding Class?
- Learn normal newborn behavior, what to expect and how to respond to early feeding cues
Baby’s stomach capacity
Engorgement and soreness
Pumping (when, how, types of pumps) vs. hand expression
Diet and medications
Prematurity and unexpected circumstances
- an hour and a half long class