Baby Massage is a beneficial evidence-based proven routine. You learn a series of safe, soft and effective techniques for massaging your baby and delivering a relaxing full-body massage. It is an experience to share with your baby that easily becomes part of her/his bedtime routine.
Baby massage benefits
Baby massage is one of the most enriching experiences both for mom and baby
- Stimulation – All vital systems: e.g. circulatory, digestive, nervous, immune systems- Sensory integration, mind/body awareness
- Relaxation – Improved sleep patterns- Increased flexibility- Reduction of stress levels
- Relief – Colic, constipation, tension, teething discomfort
- Bonding and attachment – Interaction, communication, undivided attention, respect, love, nurturing touch.
In addition, the course includes valuable educational content for new parents:
- baby wellness and baby’s language
- baby cues
- baby behavioral states,
- baby sleep
- baby gas/colic/constipation issues
- baby teething
- massage in a toddler’s life
The course promotes interaction between new moms participants and their babies. This social aspect is also a great benefit for new moms. You have to go out of the house, meet other moms and babies, and attend this amazing weekly infant massage class. If you can not leave your home yet, you can join us online too.
Our Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI) by the International Association of Infant Massage, leads the course and brings a lot of knowledge, experience, passion, and expertise.
To learn more about Infant Massage USA, visit http://infantmassageusa.org
When to attend an Infant massage Class?
Ideally both parents attend the course as it benefits both mom and dad to massage their child
- You are expecting in your third trimester
- You gave birth and baby is 4 weeks + old
- You adopted a baby
- Your baby is highly sensitive – any age
Who is the class for?
- parents and their infants, from 4-week old infant to one-year old baby
- pregnant women who want to learn the techniques of newborn massage prior to the birth of their baby
- babies with gas or colic
- constipated babies
- sleep-deprived parents
- postpartum depressed mothers
- preemies who will gain weight faster
- low-birth weight babies
We offer monthly group classes at Body Belly Baby and also arrange private courses for families who favor a private setting with their baby.