Breastmilk’s benefits are well understood.It is natural and breast milk is the ideal nutrition for babies. Yet it is a learned behavior for both the baby and her mother. In addition, it is a lot of work and mothers breastfeed their newborn 8 to 12 times a day. Confidence and preparation are key for the mother to succeed in her lactation journey . Thus support from family and partner is also critical to a rewarding journey. Couples are encouraged to attend this class together.
Attending a class as you are expecting or right after you gave birth is very beneficial to get off a great start in your lactation journey,
Our class – conducted by an expert IBCLC consultant (International Breastfeeding Certified Lactation Consultant) and a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE) – prepares you to breastfeed your baby with success and confidence.
- Educates you all about lactation
- Prepares you mentally physically, and emotionally
- Achieve the most satisfying experience for you and your baby
- Helps you understand the benefits to you and your baby
- Build confidence
Who is Breastfeeding Class for?
- Women and partners expecting in their second or third trimester in pregnancy
- New parents with newborns who need some support and knowledge
- Parents who want a personal and intimate learning environment different from a hospital setting
- Parents who want to educate themselves about the lactation
- Our class is in small group settings and private consultation can easily be organized
What is covered in our Class?
- Learn normal newborn behavior, what to expect and how to respond to early feeding cues
Baby’s stomach capacity
Engorgement and soreness
Pumping (when, how, types of pumps) vs. hand expression
Diet and medications
Prematurity and unexpected circumstances
- an hour and a half long class